Succession Planning and Internal Candidate Assessment – CEOs and Other Executives
Succession planning helps businesses to strategically shape their leadership function over time. It allows CEOs and boards to meet the current and future needs of the business, filling executive roles with the right people, the right skills, experience and characteristics – at the right time.
Drawing on over thirty years’ experience Gerard Daniels has achieved consistent success in succession planning for clients in all our regions.
By taking a proactive approach to succession planning, businesses can:
- Positively manage the transition of CEOs and other executives.
- Achieve positive business outcomes when leadership changes occur.
- Address the skills the gaps of successors ahead of transitioning into new roles.
- Maintain internal and external business confidence when leadership changes occur.
- Effectively communicate changes with stakeholders – and control the narrative.
- Plan ahead for the unexpected departure, extended illness or the death of a board member, executive or CEO.
- Succession planning also facilitates board renewal, allowing businesses to refocus and reshape the skills and experience of board members to align with future business strategy and needs.
Drawing on over thirty years’ experience Gerard Daniels has achieved consistent success in succession planning for clients in all our regions. Complementing our succession planning services we also support clients with executive search, CEO and non-executive director search. For businesses that prefer to recruit first from within, we offer in-depth internal candidate assessment.
To find out more about internal candidate assessment or discover the benefits of succession planning for your business, talk to a member of our team today.