Who are we?
Gerard Daniels provide executive search services to clients looking to recruit personnel for their businesses. We also provide coaching services for candidates and board consulting services.
What does this Policy cover?
Gerard Daniels take your personal data seriously. This policy:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you;
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data;
- explains how long we keep your personal data for;
- explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data;
- sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
- explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
- explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
- explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the information necessary to be able to find available opportunities and further information needed to assess your eligibility through the different stages of the executive search process. This information includes CVs, identification documents, educational records, work history, salary information, employment and references. We may also collect sensitive personal data about you, in the form of racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs. We only collect sensitive personal data from you, and further process this data, where you have given your explicit consent. If you are receiving coaching from us, we will also process any additional information that you choose to provide to us during the course of the coaching.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
The following are the different sources we may collect personal data about you from:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide while searching for a new opportunity and/or during the different executive search stages or coaching, where relevant.
- From an agent/third party acting on your behalf. eg. Interim Management Company.
- Through publicly available sources. The following public sources include, but are not limited to:
- By Reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
How and why we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to match your skills, experience and education with a potential employer. We will initially collect basic information on you such as contact details, job role and experience and then pass some of this data on to the client in search of personnel. If you are chosen by the client and go through to the next stage we will then be collecting more information from you at the interview (or equivalent) stage and onwards in that manner. If you are receiving coaching from us, we use your personal data in order to understand more about you and to assist you with understanding your skills and areas for improvement or future opportunities and options.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- Our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- Our legitimate interest where we have carried out a balancing test (see legal basis below);
- Statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- Potential) disputes;
- If you have made a request to have your information deleted; and
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share personal information with potential and actual employers, referees and clients of Gerard Daniels. Our clients belong to various industry sectors and are located worldwide, due to our office locations throughout Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and The Americas. We may also conduct checks on you to verify the information you have provided and where we do this we may share your information with educational institutions or professional membership organisations. We generally provide candidate information to prospective employers only where the candidate has requested or otherwise consented we do so. However, where we are engaged to conduct confidential searches for management and senior executive positions, candidate information (such as name and publicly available career details) may be provided to the client without a candidate’s prior request or knowledge.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
For prospective candidates, interim managers, referees and clients, our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in that we need the information in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees. We carry out a ‘balancing test’ to ensure that our processing is necessary and that your fundamental rights of privacy are not outweighed by our legitimate interests, before we go ahead with such processing. We keep a record of these balancing tests. You have a right to and can find out more about the information in these balancing tests by contacting us using the details below. If you are shortlisted as a candidate or if you are coached by us, then this may involve the processing of more detailed personal data including sensitive data such as health information that you or others provide about you. In that case, we always ask for your consent before undertaking such processing. For clients, we may also rely on our processing being necessary to perform a contract for you, for example in contacting you.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you do not provide the personal data necessary, or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, we may not be able to match you with available job opportunities.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, we do not carry out automated profiling.
Do we transfer your data outside the EEA?
To better match your employee profile with current opportunities we may transfer your personal data to clients and partners in countries outside the EEA. These countries privacy laws may be different from those in your home country. Where we transfer data to a country which has not been deemed to provide adequate data protection standards we always have security measures and approved model clauses in place to protect your personal data.
At present, we regularly transfer personal data to the following countries outside the EEA:
- United States of America
Our clients are based all over the world and as such we ensure candidates are informed if and when their data is being transferred outside the EEA through our assignment process.
To find out more about how we safeguard your information as related to transfers contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- Baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- Further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
How will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another please just let us know.
How can you contact us?
If you have further questions on the processing of your personal data, please contact us here:
Gerard Daniels Level 45, 108 St Georges Terrace Perth WA 6000 Australia Email: email@example.com
What Cookie types do we use?
Our Cookies are either first party or third party. Whether a Cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the Cookie. First Party Cookies are placed directly by us, while other parties we may do business with set Third Party Cookies. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
Cookies are either:
- Session Cookies – which allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. We may use these for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you clicked on, on the previous page visited. These session Cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term; or
- Persistent Cookies – which are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences or actions across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. These Cookies do not expire once the browsing session closes and remain on your device until an expiration date set by the source of the Cookie.
What are the categories of the Cookies we use?
Essential Cookies: These Cookies are essential to make our website work correctly, they enable you to move around our website and use our features. These Cookies are necessary for the provision of our services and if you do not want us to collect such information, you must cease using our website immediately.
Performance Cookies: These Cookies help us understand how you interact with our website, by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our website.
Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow our website to remember if you have previously visited our site or the choices you make (such as your user name, language, region or preferences) to provide a more personalised online experience.
Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These Cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
How do you manage Cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies. You can change the settings to manage Cookies being sent to your device.
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Chrome >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in FireFox >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari IOS >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Google Android >> Click here
Gerard Daniels Level 45, 108 St Georges Terrace Perth WA 6000 Australia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org